FINANCE DIRECTOR SOUTH-EAST ASIA
23 October 2020
Shire Oak International (SOI) is a developer and financier of large-scale renewable energy projects in developing countries and emerging economies. Its core mission is to be a global pathfinder in devising, implementing and expanding renewable energy solutions to drive transformational change in the rate of adoption of renewable energy in the developing world.
SOI has a fast-paced work environment and an experienced and agile management team at the core of its model, able to blend public and private capital and to work with strategic partners who also wish to be early movers in delivering a step-change in renewable energy deployment at scale. We seek determined and talented individuals willing to utilize their experience and expertise to take on significant responsibility and accountability to change South-East Asia in a sustainable manner.
We are seeking an experienced and analytical Finance Director with strong numerical skills to drive our organization’s financial operations and improve financial performance in the region. Duties for the Finance Director will include supervising accounting staff and financial controller, overseeing internal controls, setting financial targets, implementing fund-raising strategies, engaging with investors, developing financial strategies, conducting feasibility studies, monitoring expenditure, overseeing annual insurance, monitoring cash flow, evaluating investments, and managing tax compliance across entities and countries in SEA. Your skills in sound financial planning coupled with your ability to direct financial assets will assist our organization in implementing effective financial strategies, managing debt, improving revenue, maintaining a healthy financial position, and enhancing investor confidence.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills. The noteworthy Finance Director should harmonize financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, guide efforts towards financial stability, monitor all financial activities, promote revenue growth, ensure compliance with accounting regulations, and maintain good relationships with investors in close collaboration with the Finance Transaction Team.
The individual must be able to provide timely and accurate financial analysis, information and reports to support top management in decision making and preventing fraud and errors. In addition, the ideal candidate must be able to work in a multi-national and inter-cultural environment including close collaboration with peers and senior management from other locations.
The position is based in Ho Chi Minh City and will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer in Vietnam and functionally to the Group Chief Financial Officer in the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directing financial planning and strategy
- Analyzing and reporting on financial performance
- Overseeing audit and tax functions
- Developing and implementing accounting policies
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
- Managing and training accounting staff and financial controller
- Reviewing departmental budgets
- Assessing, managing, and minimizing risk
- Analyzing complex financial data
- Managing internal controls
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Financial Management experience
- Fluent spoken and written English
- At least 9 years’ relevant experience in functions such as auditing, accounting, corporate advisory, entity structuring, finance management…
- Proven work experience in SEA (e.g. Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Strong aptitude for math – proficient with numbers and task orientated
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Strong analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles.
- A strong understanding of International and Singaporean Accounting Standards
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Understanding major aspects of business administration
- Dynamic work attitude with focus on getting things done
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Compliance oriented
- Proficiency in accounting software
- An interest in renewable energy
You are required to work at least 40 hours a week with flexible hours on-demand.
Applications can be sent to Ms. Thao Le.
Mobile: +84 90 988 0412