General Manager of Operations
About Shire Oak International
Shire Oak International is a leading renewable energy investor in South East Asia. Shire Oak International is developing a broad portfolio of solar energy projects across Vietnam and Indonesia. Please see our projects at: https://shireoakinternational.asia/our-projects/.
We are looking for an analytical and experienced individual to join our team as General Manager of Operations (GM Ops). The General Manager of Operations’ core responsibility is to “develop and administer general strategy, procedures, guidelines and policies for Operation Management” formulate overall strategy for Operation Management, manage people and establish policies to ensure delivery of high performing Solar PV systems portfolio. The General Manager of Operations will follow the industry’s best practices to ensure standardization, to expedite system completion, and to ensure portfolio performance requirements are met. The primary focus for this position is to develop and manage the overall provisions of the organization’s Operations strategies. If you are passionate about renewable energy, have extensive organizational skills and strong communication capabilities, we would love to talk to you!
- Plan and organize operational activities for system portfolio (mainly consisting of solar rooftop systems) in South East Asia from Development until handover to Operation and Maintenance.
- Oversee management of quality construction to ensure systems performing up to or exceeding expected standards by setting strategy, policies, guidelines and processes for quality construction
- Ensure staff and channel partners follows health and safety regulations and company policies
- Coordinate with internal functions such as legal, accounting and finance, human resources and others to ensure efficient operations, system performance & WHSE.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses for system portfolios.
- Collaborating with Channel Partners to implement the best industry practices toward standardization of projects, to reduce costs, to optimize construction capability and ensure performance requirements are met.
- Monitor system portfolios performance
- Provide solutions to issues related to operations (e.g. employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors, performance and safety issues)
- Create and/or manage creation of post mortem analysis and consolidating findings into a lesson learned/ execution management manual.
- Interact and manage relationship with Investors and system owners on all system portfolios.
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees for operation related roles
- Direct the employee assessment process for operation related roles
- Develop and maintain technical understanding of systems (mainly rooftop PV solar systems) submitted to the portfolio to support internal teams on technical topics to facilitate the growth of the company system pipeline
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Highly discipline and pay attention to detail
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Internal and external communication skills to effectively engage and motivate people into new ideas, processes or ways of doing business
- Knowledge of PV technology and its applications
- Knowledge of solar energy and renewable energy market
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
Please send your CV to: email@example.com (HR Department)