26 October 2021
Shire Oak International (SOI) is a developer and financier of large-scale renewable energy projects in developing countries and emerging economies. Its core mission is to be a global pathfinder in devising, implementing and spreading renewable energy solutions to drive transformational change in the rate of adoption of renewable energy in the developing world.
SOI has an experienced and agile management team at the core of its model, able to blend public and private capital and to work with strategic partners who also wish to be early movers in delivering a step change in renewable energy deployment at scale.
To serve the company as Head of Legal performing legal due diligence, negotiating, executing and performing contracts in normal course of the business; preparing and reviewing all related legal documents and evidences; advising on corporate and financing matters.
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise company concerning business transactions, agreements in normal course of the business.
- Advise company on potential or actual contractual issues.
- Prepare, draft and review contracts & agreements, relevant legal documents, legal briefs and opinions, and other documents produced in daily operation.
- Negotiate and provide support in negotiation of the terms and conditions of contracts.
- Interpret relevant laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses
- Analyze the probable outcomes of transactions and cases and make relevant recommendations for the best benefits of the company.
- Identify and discuss any legal risk, findings and recommendations with line managers and/or department manager.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the position.
- Update changes in or new regulations and alert to concerned divisions or functions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time in relation to the position.
- Law degree;
- Qualified lawyer is an advantage
- Minimum 7 years of experiences as a lawyer in law-firm(s) or in-house counsel for multinational companies
- Strong experiences in commercial contracts
- Experiences in corporate matters
- Experiences in M&A, project financing
- Experiences in renewable energy is an advantage
- Practical and result-oriented
- Good communication skills
- Strong negotiation and organization skills
- Fluent in English, both in writing and communicating