SOI has a fast-paced work environment. We seek determined and talented individuals willing to utilize their experience and expertise to take on significant responsibility and accountability to change Vietnam in a sustainable manner.
This junior position provides value by ensuring in close collaboration with the Head of Technical Department in managing electrical connection plans and technical designs that are submitted to our client, ensuring compliance with Electrical Regulations and the Electrical Installation Codes of Practice of Vietnam and international. You will be working from electrical specifications, energy reports, and plans to ensure electrical installations are carried out to the highest standards. You will be required to attend site surveys and system commissioning tests when necessary. To ensures that milestones and deliverables are met through the life of the project.
The position will report directly to the Solar PV Design Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
Providing engineering input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, construction monitoring and acceptance, and ongoing operations for both rooftop and ground-mounted systems (primarily in the kW to MW scale rooftop):
• Supports preliminary designs and works with electrical, structure engineers on tasks including PV system basis of design, layouts and energy modeling assessments.
• Performs solar engineering role to provide technical support on specific Projects including Project specification review and working in an integral role for various technical disciplines.
• Simulates, reviews, and approves energy yield calculations using energy simulation tools such as PVsyst, HelioScope.
• Discusses and resolves technical issues with Project developers, engineers, procurement and construction teams, and design phase managers.
• Manages multiple projects simultaneously, on time, well documented to meet business and customer objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree or above, preferred majors include engineering.
• English fluency.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience performing design of solar PV systems and products.
• Experienced with solar PV system design, inverters, and performance monitoring.2
• Experienced with Semiconductor technology desired.
• Technically proficient in the field of photovoltaic conversion, direct current circuits and protection designs with a working knowledge of solar PV system modeling.
• Familiar with international Standards for solar PV systems, and other relevant standards.
• Solid general knowledge of computer technology and be proficient with 2D and 3D modeling software such as Solid-works, PV System, and AutoCAD; Inventor, Sketchup, helioscope.
• Dynamic hard work attitude with a focus on getting things done.
• 2+ years solar project management experience including projects of at least 500 kW+
• 5+ years previous experience in project management and/or construction operations
• An interest in renewable energy
• Proficient with drawing skill and simulation – HELIOSCOPE, PVSYST
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam