SOI has a fast-paced work environment. We seek determined and talented individuals willing to utilize their experience and expertise to take on significant responsibility and accountability to change Vietnam in a sustainable manner.
This senior position provides value by ensuring close collaboration with the Head of Engineering in managing electrical connection plans and technical designs ensuring compliance with Electrical Regulations and the Electrical Installation Codes of Practice of Vietnam and international.
This senior position also shall support the Head of Engineering to lead, manage, coordinate, and contribute to securing the good quality assurance and quality control set during the construction phase of all Shire Oak solar projects.
You will work closely with our global team, key customers, and partners and with local certification and industry bodies to ensures that milestones and deliverables are met with the plan through the life of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
Providing engineering input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, construction monitoring and acceptance, and ongoing operations for both rooftop and ground-mounted systems (primarily in the KW to MW scale rooftop):
- Developing design strategies.
- Plan, organize, and direct the design activities for the entire program, providing a quality review, implementation of policy and procedures, and interface and coordinates with the other stakeholders
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the project’s design process and ensure that plans are within the functional program, budgetary, environmental, and legal requirements
- Analyze and understand the design requirements of the project and the detail of the scope that is contracted to deliver.
- Analyze the design risk and/or opportunities and ensure these are communicated within and with the design team for action.
- Attend Project meetings and take strategic decisions regarding design management to assist in the delivery of the overall project delivery structure/approach.
- Provide ideas for innovation & improvement in construction & delivery of design management. • Reviews design changes submitted to ensure projects remain within budget
- Attends client meetings
- Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping, and marketing strategies for proposed projects
- Monitor Project production schedules and determine the need for intervention to ensure timely completion.
- Review, evaluate, and otherwise keeps updated on contractor activities about the safe and efficient operation through personal contact with responsible contractor personnel.
- Bachelor degree, preferred majors include electrical engineering;
- English fluency.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experiences performing construction on-site, experiences in Solar Construction is preferable, and at least 3 years of experiences in the design of Electrical System, experiences in solar PV systems design and products is preferable;
- Experienced with inverters, wiring, grounding, utility interface, and performance monitoring. Experienced with Semiconductor technology desired;
- Technically proficient in the field of photovoltaic conversion, direct current circuits, and protection designs with a working knowledge of solar PV system modeling;
- Familiar with international Standards for solar PV systems, and other relevant standards;
- Solid general knowledge of computer technology and be proficient with 2D and 3D modeling software such as Solid-works, PV System, and AutoCAD.
- Have a passion for renewable energy and want to ensure a future for the environment. Overseas trips may be required for technical support, training, and internal/external meetings; • Dynamic work attitude with focus on getting things done.
- 3+ years solar project management experience including projects of at least 500 kW+
- 10+ years previous experience in project management and/or construction operations
- An interest in renewable energy
- Understanding major aspects of business administration
The position will report directly to the Head of Engineering
Work location is HCMC, Vietnam.