SOI has a fast-paced work environment. We seek determined and talented individuals willing to utilize their experience and expertise to take on significant responsibility and accountability to change Vietnam in a sustainable manner.
This senior position provides value by ensuring in close collaboration with the Head of Technical Department in managing electrical connection plans and technical designs that are submitted to our client, ensuring compliance with Electrical Regulations and the Electrical Installation Codes of Practice of Vietnam and international. You will be working from electrical specifications, energy reports and plans to ensure electrical installations are carried out to the highest standards. You will be required to attend site surveys and system commissioning tests when necessary. To ensures that milestones and deliverables are met through the life of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
Providing engineering input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, construction monitoring and acceptance and ongoing operations for both rooftop and ground-mounted systems (primarily in the KW to MW scale rooftop):
- Interact with electricity utility companies and regulatory authorities with regard to solar PV projects
- Serve as point-of-contact for customers/clients during each project
- PV design experience in Helioscope or PV System
- Analyse electrical designs from specifications and surveys
- Inverters and HV experience would be advantageous
- Coordination of installation schedules; management of staffing to ensure on-time completion
- Coordination of permitting for projects
- Organise with development and engineering to develop a preliminary design budget
- Create project budgets based upon quotes and bids; track project costs
- Perform regular check-ins with job superintendents to gauge project progress
- Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required (daily, weekly and monthly progress reports)
- Troubleshooting issues relating to installations Knowledge and skill requirements
- Experience and understanding of Generation rooftop Solar projects
- Solid understanding of Project Management process
- Ability to problem-solve both personnel issues and project issues
- Good record-keeping and organizational skills
- Willing to travel regionally, depending on project location and business requirement
- Managing external technical advisers and due diligence processes
- Reviewing and preparing technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
- Technical assessment of PV products and equipment’s
- Team and EPC Contractors management
- Maintaining records and databases
- Bachelor degree, preferred majors include electrical engineering;
- English fluency.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience performing design of solar PV systems and products;
- Experienced with solar PV system design, inverters, wiring, grounding, utilities interface and performance monitoring. Experienced with Semiconductor technology desired;
- Technically proficient in the field of photovoltaic conversion, direct current circuits and protection designs with a working knowledge of solar PV system modelling;
- Familiar with international Standards for solar PV systems, and other relevant standards;
- Self-motivated, high energy, Original thinkers, with project management skills, able to succeed in a team environment, with imagination, creativity, and vision, able to assume increasing responsibility in a highly successful global organization;
- Solid general knowledge of computer technology and be proficient with 2D and 3D modelling software such as Solid-works, PV System, and AutoCAD; Inventor, Sketchup, helioscope.
- Have a passion for renewable energy and want to ensure a future for the environment. Overseas trips may be required for technical support, training and internal/external meetings;
- Dynamic work attitude with focus on getting things done.
- 2+ years solar project management experience including projects of at least 500 kW+
- 10+ years of previous experience in project management and/or construction operations
- An interest in renewable energy
- Proficient with drawing skill and simulation – HELIOSCOPE, PVSYST
- Understanding major aspects of business administration
The position will report directly to the Head of Technical Department
The work location is HCMC, Vietnam.
Applications can be sent to Ms. Thao Le.
Mobile: +84 90 988 0412