Work location: 112/11 – 112/13 Kim Son Compound, Nguyen Van Huong Street,
Thao Dien Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- SOI has a fast-paced work environment. We seek determined and talented individuals willing to utilize their experience and expertise to take on significant responsibility and accountability to change Vietnam in a sustainable manner.
- This role is in charge of HR and Admin functions to ensure all the relevant matters are well taken care of to meet company strategy and all business partners’ expectations.
- This position is responsible to set up HR & Admin systems and policies, aligned processes with local practices and group policies, towards standardization in compensation & benefits, salary scales, learning systems & developments, hiring processes, talent management, and the culture of performance appraisal within the complexity and political context.
- The job of Head of HR & Admin is important to business success. People are our most important asset and you will be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of a complete Head of HR & Admin job description and specification.
- You will report to the Chief Operating Officer on issues regarding implementation of policies and procedures, the safety of the workforce, recruiting and hiring high-performing employees, and labor, legislative, and other human resources issues.
SOI is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of its staff members. SOI and its staff members must comply with a range of Vietnamese legal and regulatory requirements. SOI expects all staff members to comply with its code of conduct, policies, and procedures, which relate to legal and regulatory requirements and our ways of working.
- Responsible for people strategy and HR operating model to support SOI business, driver performance and cost effectiveness for short-term and long-term growth.
- Strategic workforce planning for business now and future by building SOI capability through preparing people capability.
- Consult and partner with business leaders for to ensure right structure, right sizing and hi-post development and retention, managing people risks to protect business competitiveness.
- Direct performance & talent management, succession planning, employee relations, engagement, learning, and development to achieve goals of nationalization and diversity.
- Monitor and ensure the organizations compliance with the state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Solution for retention and curve turn-over rate. Employee survey and action plan tackle for employee satisfaction.
- Embed SOI culture and core values launching.
- Re-cognition and reward plan and action. Ensure competitive pay and retention.
- Manage payroll function, job evaluations reviewed and adjusted benchmark salary scales against market practices.
- Manage incentive scheme for sales marketing functions and KPI’s performance bonus policies.
- Create training map based on group competencies and training needs analysis from line managers to align with the group and coached staff career paths.
- Facilitate professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Design recruitment procedures that aligned with group policies of equal opportunities and diversity, directly involved in the screening process to interview manager levels and above.
- Develop and implements departmental budget.
- Perform other duties as required.
Key Selection Criteria
- Master’s Degree in HR or related business or management discipline.
- At least 10 years of HR & Admin management experience required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in managing, consulting and advising on a broad range of HR issues.
- Proven ability to partner, plan and implement programs that support strategic outcomes, issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Excellent knowledge of Vietnam labour code and application within a complex working environment.
- Knowledge and exposure of working for a multi-functional, multi-national employer, understanding of the specific challenges of a wide representative group of multi-cultural employees.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with a diverse team of HR professionals to deliver a high level of service.
- Proven ability to effectively negotiate with and influence clients and stakeholders to support and achieve strategic outcomes.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with proven ability to influence and engage at all levels of the organisation.
- An inspirational, results-oriented and highly self-motivated leader with persuasive and effective communication skills.
- Outstanding service ethic and commitment to problem solving, innovation and addressing the specific needs of the client group.
- Willingness to be hands-on and ability to implement practical HR solutions to complex workforce issues.
- Proficiency in HRIS date management and HR reporting practices and data analysis.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Compliance oriented.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
At Shire Oak International, we take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.