• Perform O&M tasks in strict compliance with the company’s environmental health & safety programs, policies and procedures, as well as Federal, State, and local regulations and permits.
• Establish & maintain a workplace culture that is dedicated to safe work practices, continuous improvement, quality workmanship, and effectiveness at all levels. This includes holding oneself and others, including contractors and visitors, accountable for safety in everything we do.
• Identifies problems and develops corrective action plans Scheduling and execution of preventive and predictive maintenance Travel to project sites and vendor locations as assigned to perform all aspects of on-site installation, repair, maintenance, oversight, and modifications as required Perform electric, hydraulic, mechanical, and software component inspections, testing, repair, and troubleshooting, in accordance with its specifications.
• Maximize solar electric production reliability and availability through effective maintenance planning & coordination. Forge effective business relationships with suppliers, vendors, contractors, and the community.
• Ensure prudent O&M practices are employed while optimizing O&M costs. Manage expenditures in support of delivering upon the company’s financial expectations for the project.
• Support unscheduled events such as outages or maintenance activities to minimize the impact to the company & others, including on-call support.
• Work collaboratively with corporate engineering, management & others to employ best practices across the Iberdrola fleet of assets, including gas, biomass, wind, and other solar sites.
• Lead the development & execution of site-specific O&M procedures with input from subject matter experts. Establish training requirements
• Provide field support for the operation of the facility control and communications infrastructure, including but not limited to the DCS (data from Portals), inverters, switchgear, and solar generation forecasting systems.
• Provide timely written review reports from field operation, status, and constructive feedback as requested. Responds to emergency call outs Ensure that all O&M activities performed at project sites comply with OEM (original equipment manufacturer) requirements and warranties Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders.
• Support construction: develop a punch list of incomplete or otherwise unacceptable items and coordinate with others to ensure all items are resolved prior to turnover to commercial operations. Administer warranty on behalf of Company for new equipment in compliance with contracts.
• Coordinate maintenance activities with O&M contract company, NCC, off-takers, transmission operators, contractors, and others as appropriate.
• Assist MD in hiring, training, supervision, and evaluating the performance of other solar employees working at site during operations.
• Assist in developing necessary goals, objectives, and priorities as appropriate to create & sustain a world-class solar generation facility.
• Be innovative – solve problems where limited standardization & procedures exist.
• To have a proper record of DPR, WPR, MPR, mothing meter recordings.
Skills and Qualifications Requirements
• Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering with 2 or more years of related experience in the solar power industry particularly in operations and maintenance.
• O&M experience in utility size solar power plant operations & maintenance (At least 1 MW or greater).
• Successful completion of the HSE training.
• Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet, management & reporting systems, including the use of diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
• Ability to work independently, in adverse weather conditions, and safely around low and medium voltage.
• Ability to effectively interact with the public, community leaders, and off-taker representatives as the “face of Iberdrola” while demonstrating the ability to be innovative.
• Ability to solve problems where only limited standardization & procedures exist.
• Strong understanding of safety laws, environmental regulations, labor law, contract administration, work permits procedure, and compliances.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam