Shire Oak International (SOI) is a developer and financier of large-scale renewable energy projects in developing countries and emerging economies. Its core mission is to be a global pathfinder in devising, implementing and spreading renewable energy solutions to drive transformational change in the rate of adoption of renewable energy in the developing world.
SOI has an experienced and agile management team at the core of its model, able to blend public and private capital and to work with strategic partners who also wish to be early movers in delivering a step change in renewable energy deployment at scale.
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
SOI has a fast-paced work environment. We seek determined and talented individuals willing to utilize their experience and expertise to take on significant responsibility and accountability to change Vietnam in a sustainable manner.
To serve the company as Transaction Manager (Legal), counselling the Company on its legal rights and obligations, identifying legal risks as well as protecting the Company’s interests and benefits while negotiating, executing and performing procurement contracts and other agreements in the normal course of the business. When required, to represent, act for and advise the Company in any contractual claims and disputes, including preparing and reviewing all related legal documents and evidence.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise company concerning business transactions, contracts, procurements and other agreements in the normal course of the business;
- Advise the company on potential or actual contractual claims, claim liability, possibilities of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or other proceedings, and legal rights and obligations of the company in respect of contractual claims or disputes.
- Prepare, draft and review contracts; agreements, relevant legal documents, legal briefs and opinions, and other documents produced in daily operation.
- Negotiate and provide support in negotiation of the terms and conditions of contracts, procurements and other agreements, and settlements of disputes or claims.
- Interpret relevant laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses
- Analyze the probable outcomes of transactions and cases and make relevant recommendations for the best benefits of the company.
- Identify and discuss any legal risk, findings and recommendations with line managers and/or department managers.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the position.
- Update changes in or new regulations and alert to concerned divisions or functions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time in relation to the position.
- Minimum 7 years of experiences as a lawyer in an international law-firm(s) or in-house counsel for a multinational company;
- Strong experiences in EPC contract and other commercial contracts and procurement;
- Strong experiences in corporate matters, land acquisition, intellectual properties, labour and employment, compliance and dispute resolution;
- Experience in M&A, cross-border transactions, project financing, arbitration and other methods of dispute resolution is an advantage;
- Experience in renewable energy is an advantage;
- Practical and operational-oriented;
- Able to work both independently as a team member under high-pressure environment;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Strong negotiation and organization skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Fluent in English, both in writing and communicating;
You are required to work at least 40 hours a week with flexible hours at the above location
Applications can be sent to Ms. Thao Le.
Mobile: +84 90 988 0412